Last week ISN Insights examined:
- US counterinsurgency strategy in a piece by Gail Harris
- Britain’s flawed strategic defense and security review (SDSR) in an article by Gerard DeGroot
- Bahrain’s post-election landscape in a piece by Philip McCrum
- Tactical nuclear weapons in the New START in an article by Micah Zenko
- The prospects for democratic reform in Tanzania in a podcast interview with Dieudonné Tshiyoyo
This week we’ll be looking at the New START treaty, Hong Kong’s status as a democratic enclave in the PRC, Obama’s India visit, the complex and increasingly fraught Pakistan-India-USA triangle, and sanitation, in honor of World Toilet Day on Friday, 19 November.