Although it has a booming economy and holds a strategic position in the Asia-Pacific, Australia is often overlooked as a regional powerhouse. As geopolitical power shifts East, Australia’s foreign policy posture will become more prominent and the pressures to get policy right will grow. This week the ISN takes a closer look at Australia.
The Special Report contains the following content:
- An Analysis by Fergus Hanson that examines the strategically important but still weak Australia-Indonesia relationship.
- A Podcast with Andrew Shearer of the Lowy Institute in Sydney on the challenges and opportunities that Australia faces as China and India rise.
- Security Watch stories on the recent elections in Australia, as well as the US-Indonesia-Australia triangle and Obama’s postponed visit.
- Publications, housed in our Digital Library, including a Lowy Institute paper on Australian investment in China and a paper on US-Australian Civilian Nuclear Cooperation by the Congressional Research Service.
- Primary Resources, including a report on the Northern Territory Emergency Response in Australia.
- Links to relevant websites, including Australia’s Defence White Paper from 2009.
- Our IR Directory featuring relevant organizations, including the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat.