This week we’re highlighting the following topics — and so much more:
- In ISN Insights on Monday, co-Director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research Dr Dean Baker opines about the failures of European Central Bank policy that have contributed to — and perpetuated — the European debt crisis.
- Tuesday’s ISN Special Feature highlights some astonishing facts about water — in the first of a two part series this week on the topic.
- In Wednesday’s ISN Insights feature, Professor Derek Catsam takes a closer look at South African President Jacob Zuma’s chances for re-election or betrayal — and what his precarious position says more generally about the state of South African politics.
- Wrapping up our two part series on water, Thursday’s ISN Special Feature offers up an interactive map on environmental security, with water being a case in point.
- And Friday’s ISN Podcast tackles the heady topic of energy security and the exploration of fusion energy as an alternative.
And you can catch up on last week’s features here on: Macedonian nation building; drones and international law; South America’s security dilemma; water, conflict and gender; and one year after the Pakistani floods.