The ISN happily welcomes the Institute for Economics and Peace as a new partner.
Based in Sydney, Australia, the Institute is an independent not-for-profit research organization dedicated to developing the inter-relationships between business, peace and economic development.
The Institute’s flagship project is the Global Peace Index (GPI), a yearly ranking listing 149 nations according to their ‘absence of violence’. The GPI is composed of qualitative and quantitative indicators from highly respected sources, which combine factors internal to a country and external to it.
The Institute for Economics and Peace conducts research in the following areas:
- Statistical analyses to identify the structures and causes of peace;
- Economic assessment of the value of increased levels of peacefulness to global GDP;
- Definition and implication of the “Peace Industry”;
- Exploration of multinational attitudinal surveys and their relevance to societal peacefulness;
- Analyses of the relationship between peace, markets, costs and profit;
- Investigation of the world’s most peaceful industries;
- Development of statistical methods to determine how to calculate the probable impact of reducing levels of violence and increasing levels of peacefulness on a company’s market size.
In addition to research, the Institute also conducts education, generates dialogue, and publicizes the output of its activities with a view to impacting the public agenda.
We are very glad to have the Institute for Economics and Peace as part of the International Relations and Security Network and look forward to a fruitful cooperation.