Last week, ISN Insights examined the following issues:
- The growing importance of critical minerals in world politics and for US national security in a piece by Christine Parthemore.
- The policy options to reduce the attractiveness of crime in places like Mexico and El Salvador in an article by Viridiana Rios.
- The rise of ‘sovereign wealth’ and its impact on the world economy and geopolitics in a piece by An Jacobs and Matthew Hulbert.
- Sudan’s referendum in an article by Martina Santschi and David Lanz.
- Climate change and carbon politics in Friday’s ISN Podcast with Dr. Jean Pascal van Ypersele, Vice Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel in Climate Change (IPCC).
This week we will be looking at: Vietnam’s geopolitical rise, the growing importance of E-diplomacy, the future of private military security companies, Colombia’s shifting foreign policy and human rights in Haiti.