Last week, we examined the following issues:
- The Department of Defense’s budget woes and Obama’s likely approach to balancing the budget in a piece by Peter A Buxbaum.
- Cuba’s economic reforms in an article by Dora Beszterczey.
- Turkey’s ongoing battle with the PKK in a piece by Francesco Milan.
- Ireland’s economic and political chaos in an article by Simon Roughneen.
- Naval power in Asia in Friday’s ISN Podcast interview with Richard A Bitzinger.
This week we’ll be looking at: the nexus between FIFA decisions and world politics, EU’s approach to illegal immigration, the ongoing Munich Security Conference, and oil politics in the wake of Egypt’s political crisis. Stay tuned.