Swiss national identity and political culture hold a unique place in European history – and maintain an air of ‘exceptionalism’. But does a cohesive Swiss national identity exist today – and if so how can it be characterized?
This ISN Special Report contains the following content:
- An Analysis by Dr Irène Herrmann on the evolution of Swiss political identity, showcasing the results of her Swiss National Foundation study.
- A Podcast interview with Dr Hanspeter Kriesi about Switzerland’s special nation-state status.
- Security Watch articles on current Swiss foreign and domestic policy.
- Publications housed in our Digital Library, including studies on ethnic cleavages and immigration policies in Switzerland.
- Primary Resources, including the Swiss Federal Charter of 1291 (“Bundesbrief”).
- Links to relevant websites, such as the Swiss Forum for Migration and Population Studies.
- Our IR Directory, featuring Swiss Diplomatic Documents, a project that publishes key documents on Swiss foreign policy.